Seattle B&B - Breakfast on Greenlake
Homemade breakfasts at Greenlake Guest House - Made just for you.
At our Seattle bed and breakfast, we serve a menu-based hearty gourmet breakfast each morning in the dining room at cozy tables for 2-4. You are welcome to sit down anytime between 8 and 9:30 a.m. Start off with assorted juices and great Seattle coffee or tea.
Next we serve a fresh fruit starter that changes daily, followed by a made-to-order hot entree such as our famous Swedish Pancakes with Fresh Berries, Omelet with Feta, Spinach, & Tomatoes, or Roast Asparagus with Poached Eggs & Parmesan.
- Egg dishes come with a choice of a fresh baked scone or muffin, english muffin, or high fiber multi-grain toast.
- All entrees are served with bacon, sausage, vegetarian sausage, or ham on the side and garnished with fresh herbs and edible flowers from our garden (in season).
Want something simpler? We also offer eggs cooked to order, thick cut oatmeal, and yogurt & homemade granola any day of the week. Gluten free bread and cereals and dairy alternatives are also available. A breakfast at the Greenlake Guest House B&B is the perfect start to your romantic getaway in Seattle.
Please let us know if you have allergies or any special dietary requests. If you require an earlier breakfast than 8 a.m., we offer a continental breakfast option between 7 and 8, or you may request a Breakfast to Go Box put in our guest refrigerator the night before.
"I will not hesitate to recommend this lovely B&B to my friends. Your family is enjoyable and your plans sound wonderful. The beds were so comfortable and everything so beautifully decorated and the food is delicious! Best wishes and good luck, we hope to see you again." - Marjorie J.
Sample Breakfast Menu #1
- Fresh Fruit Plate with Sliced Oranges, Bananas, Strawberries, Toasted Almonds and Side of Greek Honey Yogurt
- Rolled Omelet with Avocado, Tomato, Cheddar & Fresh Chives, served with Side of Salsa
- Choice of Fresh Baked Blueberry Muffin or Multigrain Toast (gluten free toast also available)
- Chicken Apple Sausage (Vegetarian Sausage also available)
Sample Breakfast Menu #2
- Minted Fresh Fruit Cup with Cantelope, Watermelon, Strawberries, and Blueberries
- Seattle Scramble with Smoked Salmon, Fresh Chives, and Tomato
- Mini Buttermilk Waffles with Side of Butter and Maple Syrup, garnished with Sliced Strawberries
- Thick Cut Bacon (Vegetarian Sausage also available)
Other Daily Options
- Eggs, cooked to order (poached, scrambled, fried)
- Thick Cut Oatmeal served with Side of Brown Sugar, Dried Cranberries, and Milk
- High Fiber Multigrain Toast, English Muffin, or Gluten Free Toast
- Homemade Granola or Assorted Cereals
- Assorted Yogurts
- Coffee, Assorted Teas including Seattle Market Spice Tea, Cran-Raspberry or Orange Juice, Milk (soy or almond milk on request), Hot Chocolate
Our Greenlake Granola Recipe
Here is our most requested recipe!
2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 scant teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole almonds
1/3 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, toss the oats with the cinnamon and salt.
In a medium bowl, stir together the oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until completely combined.
Pour the honey mixture over the oats mixture and combine. Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread it out evenly, but leave a few clumps here and there for texture.
Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and use a metal spatula to lift and flip the granola. Sprinkle the almonds over the granola and return the baking sheet to the oven.
Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven and use a metal spatula to lift and flip the granola. Sprinkle the pecans over the granola and return the baking sheet to the oven.
Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven. Let cool completely. Sprinkle the dried blueberries and dried cranberries or cherries over the granola…Transfer it to an airtight container.The granola will keep for about 1 week.