July 1, 2014
Upcoming Seattle Festivals & Events
Taking advantage of long days and sunshine, Seattle offers a festival or event nearly every summer weekend. Some of the earlier summer events include the University Street Fair in May, Northwest Folklife Festival over Memorial Weekend, Fremont Fair & Solstice Parade in June, and the Seattle Pride Parade and PrideFest at the end of June.
Here are some of our favorite fun summer events coming up for the rest of the summer in July and August:
Fourth of July
Independence Day activities go from noon-11pm at Seattle's Gas Works Park on north Lake Union and for the first time also on the south end of the lake at Lake Union Park. Enjoy food, games, and live music and a spectacular fireworks display at dusk (around 10pm here in the summer).
Seafair Milk Carton Derby at Green Lake July 12, 2014
Many colorful handmade milk carton boats of all shapes and design will compete on the south end of Green Lake at the PCC Seafair Milk Carton Derby on July 12 between 9:30AM and 3:30PM. Prizes are given for both speed and creativity. The day culminates in the ultimate competition between milk carton watercraft and Stand Up Paddleboarders.
Ballard SeafoodFest July 12 & 13, 2014
This fun family-friendly event has been an annual event since 1974 and is located in the nearby Ballard neighborhood. The Ballard SeafoodFest is happening from 11A-9P Saturday July 12 and 11A-7P on Sunday July 13. It includes a Salmon BBQ and many other delicious food booths, live music, arts & crafts fair, kids activities and much more.
Bite of Seattle July 18-20, 2014
For one weekend out of the year, Seattle Restaurants become center stage at the Bite of Seattle, held each year at Seattle Center. The Bite of Seattle is happening July 18-20 and will feature "tastes" for purchase from more than 80 Seattle area restaurants and food companies, as well as wine and beer tasting, live music, chef cooking contest, and much more!
Seafair Hydroplane Races and Air Show August 1-3, 2014
The huge crowds that line the shores of Lake Washington and the extended live television coverage make Seafair a spectacular setting for the drivers of the “World’s Fastest Race Boats" in the H1 Unlimited Hydroplane races happening August 1-3 on Lake Washington and in the Genesee Park neighborhood.
The Boeing Seafair Air Show happens concurrently with the Hydroplane races over Lake Washington. Air show fans witness captivating sights as the famous Blue Angels and some of the best pilots in the world perform heart-pounding performances over Lake Washington.
Bumbershoot August 30-September 1, 2014
Bumbershoot is a huge annual music and arts festival happening every Labor Day weekend at Seattle Center and includes many indoor and outdoor stages, food, and some famous and not-so-famous musicians, comedians, and entertainers of all types.
- Day 25-Sugar Cookies
- Day 24-Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Day 23-Pecan Pie Bites
- Day 22-Nanaimo Bars
- Day 21-Chocolate Thumbprints with Caramel and Sea Salt
- Day 20-Rosemary Shortbread
- Day 19-Candy Cane Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 18 Rocky Road Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 17 Lemon Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Coconut Macaroons
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 15-Chocolate Lace Sandwich Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 14-Peppermint Shortbread
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 13-Danish Butter Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Day 12-Pecan Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 11-Gingerbread
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 10-Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 9-Cherry Coconut Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 8-Peppermint-Oreo Cookie Balls
- 25 Days of Christmas-Day 7-Salted German Chocolate Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 6
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 5
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 4
- Day 3 of 25 Days-White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Day 2 of 25 Days-Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies
- Holiday Fun in Seattle
- Greenlake Guest House serves Washington Wines
- Improvements at the Greenlake Guest House
- Summer Concerts at the Ballard Locks
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Our new Keurig coffee maker
- Top Picks for the Holidays
- Seattle Restaurant Week