Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
DEC 22, 2011
We want to say “thank you” to all of our guests who have made 2011 a wonderful year! They come from all over the country, as well as the world. Many are visiting friends and family in the neighborhood, and others are traveling for business or just want to visit Green Lake and Seattle.
We are now in our eighth year of business at the Greenlake Guest House, and we’re still loving it. Blayne is back to work full time, but is enjoying doing some of the guest check in’s and serving breakfast on the weekends. We have also hired 2 new assistant innkeepers; Kelsey during the week and Susanna on the weekend. They help us keep the place sparkling clean and help Julie bake all those delicious coffee cakes, muffins, and cookies.
This year, we added some new amenities for our guests: individual tables in the dining room, a new Keurig coffee maker for 24/7 availability of coffee and tea, chocolate truffles at the bedside, and a new wine and cheese hour Monday-Friday. We hope to continue improving our B&B and making our guests happy they chose to stay with us.
We are celebrating the new year with a house concert and reception on Monday January 2, from 3-5pm, with “Cricket and Snail.” Please join us if you can!
- Favorite Seattle Festivals-Early Summer
- Light Rail to Greenlake Guest House
- Day 25-Sugar Cookies
- Day 24-Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Day 23-Pecan Pie Bites
- Day 22-Nanaimo Bars
- Day 21-Chocolate Thumbprints with Caramel and Sea Salt
- Day 20-Rosemary Shortbread
- Day 19-Candy Cane Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 18 Rocky Road Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 17 Lemon Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Coconut Macaroons
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 15-Chocolate Lace Sandwich Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 14-Peppermint Shortbread
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 13-Danish Butter Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Day 12-Pecan Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 11-Gingerbread
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 10-Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 9-Cherry Coconut Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 8-Peppermint-Oreo Cookie Balls
- 25 Days of Christmas-Day 7-Salted German Chocolate Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 6
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 5
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 4
- Day 3 of 25 Days-White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Day 2 of 25 Days-Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies
- Holiday Fun in Seattle
- Seattle Summer Festivals & Events
- Greenlake Guest House serves Washington Wines
- Improvements at the Greenlake Guest House
- Summer Concerts at the Ballard Locks
- Our new Keurig coffee maker
- Top Picks for the Holidays
- Seattle Restaurant Week