25 Days of Christmas Cookies
December 1, 2015
One of my favorite Christmas traditions is baking cookies and sharing them with friends and family.Not surpisingly, it's one of my favorite benefits of running a bed and breakfast too. We bake fresh cookies for our guests nearly every day.
This year, I thought it would be fun to bake a new Christmas cookie each day from December 1-25. The Greenlake Guest House will bake most of our favorite cookies and try some new ones this year. We are starting December 1 with buttery, nutty Mexican Wedding Cakes and will finish on December 25 with frosted Sugar Cookies.
What will we bake on the other 23 days between now and Christmas? I am currently taking suggestions from everyone and gathering recipes. Do you have a favorite Christmas cookie recipe? Please share it with us at email@example.com.
Here is today's cookie recipe, courtesy of my mom's Betty Crocker cookbook.
Mexican Wedding Cakes
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup powdered sugar
Heat oven to 325F. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour, pecans, and salt until dough forms.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 13-17 minutes or until set but not brown. Cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
Roll cookies in powdered sugar while warm. Cool completely, about 15 minutes, and roll in powdered sugar again.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
Enjoy! I will try to take a photo every day this month and share it here and via Facebook and other social media.
- Guide To SeattleCoffee
- Seattle Gardens
- Favorite Seattle Festivals-Early Summer
- Light Rail to Greenlake Guest House
- Day 25-Sugar Cookies
- Day 24-Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Day 23-Pecan Pie Bites
- Day 22-Nanaimo Bars
- Day 21-Chocolate Thumbprints with Caramel and Sea Salt
- Day 20-Rosemary Shortbread
- Day 19-Candy Cane Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 18 Rocky Road Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 17 Lemon Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Coconut Macaroons
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 15-Chocolate Lace Sandwich Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 14-Peppermint Shortbread
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 13-Danish Butter Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Day 12-Pecan Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 11-Gingerbread
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 10-Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 9-Cherry Coconut Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 8-Peppermint-Oreo Cookie Balls
- 25 Days of Christmas-Day 7-Salted German Chocolate Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 6
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 5
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 4
- Day 3 of 25 Days-White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Day 2 of 25 Days-Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Holiday Fun in Seattle
- Seattle Summer Festivals & Events
- Greenlake Guest House serves Washington Wines
- Improvements at the Greenlake Guest House
- Summer Concerts at the Ballard Locks
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Our new Keurig coffee maker
- Top Picks for the Holidays
- Seattle Restaurant Week