25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 17-Lemon Bars
December 17, 2015
Are Lemon Bars truly a Christmas cookie? That's kind of debatable in my opinion, but since they are Blayne's favorite cookie they are a definite must around here during the holidays The powdered sugar kind of reminds me of snow and lemons are in season at this time of year so they are nice and juicy! For a cookie tray, they work well if put into individual Christmas paper muffin liners so they don't stick to each other and to the other cookies.
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
3 cups white sugar
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juie
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1/8 tsp. lemon extract
Preheat ovento 350F
Mix 2 cups flour and powdered sugar together. Cut in the butter. Mix well until the dough resembles pigh dough consistency. Lightly press the dough into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Beat together eggs, sugar, remaining 1/2 cup flour (one tablespoon at a time)lemon juice, and lemon zest until mixture is frothy (1-2 minutes). Pour the mixture over the baked crust.
Bake the bars another 20-25 minutes, or until the lemon topping is set.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cooled.
- Guide To SeattleCoffee
- Seattle Gardens
- Favorite Seattle Festivals-Early Summer
- Light Rail to Greenlake Guest House
- Day 25-Sugar Cookies
- Day 24-Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Day 23-Pecan Pie Bites
- Day 22-Nanaimo Bars
- Day 21-Chocolate Thumbprints with Caramel and Sea Salt
- Day 20-Rosemary Shortbread
- Day 19-Candy Cane Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 18 Rocky Road Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Coconut Macaroons
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 15-Chocolate Lace Sandwich Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 14-Peppermint Shortbread
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 13-Danish Butter Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Day 12-Pecan Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 11-Gingerbread
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 10-Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 9-Cherry Coconut Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 8-Peppermint-Oreo Cookie Balls
- 25 Days of Christmas-Day 7-Salted German Chocolate Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 6
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 5
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 4
- Day 3 of 25 Days-White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Day 2 of 25 Days-Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies
- Holiday Fun in Seattle
- Seattle Summer Festivals & Events
- Greenlake Guest House serves Washington Wines
- Improvements at the Greenlake Guest House
- Summer Concerts at the Ballard Locks
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Our new Keurig coffee maker
- Top Picks for the Holidays
- Seattle Restaurant Week