25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 15-Chocolate Lace
December 15, 2015
Chocolate Lace Sandwich Cookies
Oh my, these dainty Chocolate Lace Sandwich Cookies are kind of addicting! I found the recipe in this month's Sunset Magazine and wow, are they ever delicious.
1 cup rolled oats (the original recipe calls for the quick-cooking ones but I used old-fashioned)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup salted butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten with a fork
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. orange juice
3 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F with racks in upper and lower thirds.
In a medium bowl, mix oats, sugar, and butter together with a wooden spoon. Stir in egg until well blended, then vanilla and orange juice. Add flour and salt and stir to mix. Batter will be somewhat thick.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking liners. Drob batter by half-teaspoonfuls onto sheets, at least 2 inches apart (cookies will spread), up to 12 per sheet. Bake until golden brown, switching positions of sheets halfway through; 8-10 minutes total.
Cool cookies on baking sheets until just holding their shape, about 2 minutes (don't wait until they're completely cool as they will be harder to remove). With a thin metal spatula, gently transfer to cooling racks and let cool completely.
Put chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 20-second bursts until almost melted. Stir to melt completely.
Thinly spread chocolate on flat side of half of cookies. Sandwich with another cookie and let harden on racks, about 2 hours at room temperature.
- Guide To SeattleCoffee
- Seattle Gardens
- Favorite Seattle Festivals-Early Summer
- Light Rail to Greenlake Guest House
- Day 25-Sugar Cookies
- Day 24-Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Day 23-Pecan Pie Bites
- Day 22-Nanaimo Bars
- Day 21-Chocolate Thumbprints with Caramel and Sea Salt
- Day 20-Rosemary Shortbread
- Day 19-Candy Cane Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 18 Rocky Road Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 17 Lemon Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Coconut Macaroons
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 14-Peppermint Shortbread
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 13-Danish Butter Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Day 12-Pecan Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 11-Gingerbread
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies Day 10-Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 9-Cherry Coconut Bars
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 8-Peppermint-Oreo Cookie Balls
- 25 Days of Christmas-Day 7-Salted German Chocolate Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 6
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 5
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies-Day 4
- Day 3 of 25 Days-White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Day 2 of 25 Days-Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 25 Days of Christmas Cookies
- Holiday Fun in Seattle
- Seattle Summer Festivals & Events
- Greenlake Guest House serves Washington Wines
- Improvements at the Greenlake Guest House
- Summer Concerts at the Ballard Locks
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Our new Keurig coffee maker
- Top Picks for the Holidays
- Seattle Restaurant Week